Sunday, February 17, 2008

come on, Comme des Garcons!!

I went to the Comme des Garcons guerilla store opening last night. But there were no clothes or anything related to Garcons in sight. Apparently all the clothes were caught up in customs so the store was filled with random Nike sneakers and streetwear. I initially drove past the store because it didn't seem like it was the Garcons event. When I finally got there I thought maybe there would be something inside but there was nobody who seemed like they were representing Garcons, no signs, no flyers, nothing. For all intents and purposes it looked like a sneaker shop was serving free beer in its alley. To be fair there was a little installation in one of the rooms but it didn't make any sense. I was so disappointed. I was expecting Nakameguro or Daikanyama in downtown L.A.. I was hoping to see Japanese hipsters bringing the style heat. It was so random and so not Garcons that I went home and checked the email again to see if I went to the right party....and I did go to the right place.


Opening celebration of the first Comme des Garcons store in America?!??!?!?!?!?!?? Far------- from it. There was nothing Comme des Garcons or celebratory about it.


Naoko, thanks for inviting me. Partyのもんくばっかりですいません。さそってくれてありがとう。


Random installation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ah that sucks.
im going back to hk and japan in a few weeks and i'll probably get my comme des garcons intake over there.

fauxfauxreal said...

ahh, you're so lucky I want to be going to HK and japan in a couple weeks......sigh. :) I should have gone to HK at least once while I was in Japan....