Lately, I have been thinking a lot about material consumption and my personal limits. A realistic and practical limit is income; I don't buy things a lot of times obviously because I can't afford it. But even if I could, if say my income went up exponentially, when would I get sick of it all? I don't like to have loads and loads of things relatively speaking. I'm not trying to say things have no value to me or that there is no pleasure in acquiring them but there gets to a point when I feel weighed down by too much stuff. Having moved so many times I am always surprised by how many boxes I manage to fill move after move even though I am constantly editing my closet and getting rid of things.
When is enough, enough?
I have noticed, however, that whenever I am not as imbibed with all my medias(fashion blogs, magazines, cable, etc) I want less. I feel more content with making do with what I have. So then I think maybe I have to cultivate my personal limit?
2 comments:
Ack.... a difficult question.... and such a personal one too....I try not to question it too much lest i start confusing myself...
Yeah, I go back and forth. It's just so different from my parent's generation and how I was raised.
Post a Comment