Wednesday, September 10, 2008
thoughts on marc.
is it just me or was there also a very southeast asian influence in the marc jacobs show? the mix and match of the textiles, shantung brocade and the sarongs tied around the waist and his own kilt at the end seemed very thai/cambodian/laotian/tibetan(sorry, to lump them all together. i don't really know the differences that well, but i'm just trying to describe the feeling i get) to me. i'm only reading about the Perry Ellis plaid and prairie girl aesthetic but i think there's a very broad stroke of southeast asian influence. does anyone else see it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i think maybe because of shiny fabrics, the mixing of many fabrics, and in the draping.
did you see rachel comey? for some reason i think you would really like it. i got a 20's/30's vibe.
:]]
I can see your point, the colors fabric and draping does have that feel. Some of the looks with skirts directly look like chic saris. I like it!
I do see your point actually...which would make the collection less of a 1930s boating pastiche...
Post a Comment