Thursday, December 25, 2008

merry christmas thoughts....fresh start




I know resolutions are usually saved for New Year's but I'd thought I'd be a go-getter and get a head start.

The most important one for me this year is to think positively. I'm going to put aside the negative and stop counting all the ways people have slighted me or hurt me. I'm going to stop keeping track of all the bad and move forward. It's been a confusing and heavy year but I can't endlessly cry about spilt milk.

I moved back to L.A. from Japan about a year ago and was going through a difficult time. It made things awkward and me particularly vulnerable. I did not expect things to go back to the way they were but I did not expect nothing to be where I had left it. Truth be told I did see the signs of things unravelling. I changed a lot, a lot of the people I loved changed. But I can't really blame people for the changes that life, careers, love, success and failure brings. I can't ask people to stop in time and wait for me. No more pause button: I have to press play.

So now after weathering this difficult year I feel like I'm in a healthier place to really start fresh. The past is the past. Things have changed and as awkward and painful it has been at times, that's life. For whatever reason friendships change and bones break but I think I've mourned enough. I'll always cherish the good times but I'm ready to enjoy the now and find the new memories that await me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:]]]]