Thursday, July 9, 2009

privacy.

Privacy is a strange thing in the internet age. Someone you just met asks you for your email and wants to be your friend on facebook. For one reason or another you're not particularly inclined to further befriend this person....It's just too much access, too soon and all at once. But then I tell myself I'm being overly fussy and accept and then regret....Do I submerge until people lose interest and delete the extraneous and unacquainted?....Am currently considering a FB sabbatical.

*thank you, maryann! excellent advice!!

1 comment:

M A L Y said...

I deleted my facebook, but before I this is how I dealt with those silly people:

I would add them, and then put them on my limited profile or another list where they can see certain amount of things on my profile, even though they're my friend. What was the real catch though is that my limited profile would look just the same as my profile as if it were private, so you are still friends and being nice not to deny them, but you are still being a sneaky lady. (And they probably will say "Oh that's how her profile looks like anyways") The end!