Thursday, August 6, 2009

pull yourself up!

"Don't worry what everyone around you is doing, worry about yourself"

So true, it's like the rabbit and the turtle. The foundations I'm laying are for my life. Things may seem dormant at times but I'm working on my life in my own way. You don't have to drive a certain car by a certain age...Just work hard towards your goals.

"If you're frustrated at having less use that frustration to make yourself more creative."

Totally true. I think I dressed way----more creatively when I was dead broke and shopping at Goodwill. It was fun not knowing what I would find and just making something out of it.

"The only way to get better is hard work, there's no quick way to it, just get to work"

If you want to be an illustrator, draw. If you want to be a writer, write...etc. Just do it and do it well. Nothing of value is easily gained.


More quotes I have culled from my daily blog stroll....I likes it!

2 comments:

Ally said...

These all ring so true and have come at such a good time. I'm in my final year of fine arts and grad show is looming! aargh! Reading these quotes has revived my motivation, if you want to succeed you just have to get on with it! thanks for the reminder :)

TeRi said...

'if you want to be an illustrator, draw.'
it's just surprising how such a simple rule as that became so hard to follow when you grow older and have to earn a living.
I sometimes think that being an illustrator, and just that, is only possible in a fantasy land... sigh.