Wednesday, October 10, 2007

5 things I like about L.A.

1. Driving: I have bad feet but am still not willing to give up high heels which is a bad combination for walking. Luckily in L.A. I hardly walk! As for my driving skills I bascially drive like an old lady but my friend gave me some really great advice. It really liberated me from my all too frequent brake pedal-pressing ways she said, "don't worry about the speed your going at". It's so true, when I focus on driving correctly I get too paranoid. I think Bruce Lee put it best when he said, "Don't think, feel."

2. Sunshine: Every morning I feel like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. Can it be any sunnier? Can the sky be any bluer?

3. Mexican food: Fish tacos, quesadillas, burritos, potato tacos, tortas.....I can go on and on: Del Taco, Taco Bell, Baja Fresh, Senor Fish, El Coyote, El Cholo, taco stands, countless nameless mom and pop places....

4. Korean food: I grew up in L.A. and it is so comforting to go to a Korean restaurant and order food in Korean from old Korean ladies. Some people say that L.A. Korean food is even better than it is in Korea. I've eaten in Seoul and I have to say I agree.

5. Target: They have everything under the sun there. I can go there and end up spending fifty dollars in thirty minutes even though I was just accompanying a friend running her Saturday errands.

No comments: