
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I understand that people have different tastes but I was so in love, floored and taken with the Comme des garcons/Louis Vuitton collaboration that I was kind of shocked to find negative feedback and comments on blog after blog.
I mean my jaw dropped when I first saw it, in a good way. In my book this is the best collaboration yet, totally biased 100 percent my opinion. It is 100% Louis Vuitton but 100% Comme des Garcon, AT THE SAME TIME, now that is a good collaboration. My pet peeve with collaborations are the kind where artists or the collaborator just slaps on their design/illustration on a bag/t-shirt/etc without thinking about the design. With this collaboration Kawakubo takes her wabi-sabi aesthetic to create intentionally imperfect and surreal bags. I love the twists and turns in each bag and am waiting to see how the line divides between those who "get it" and don't.
3 comments:
WHAT!? PEOPLE DON'T LIKE THE COLLAB?
what the hell...I don't get it either...
2 of my favourite things!
i think its interesting..
wanna swap links?
Post a Comment