Friday, May 15, 2009

found..

Found some of my old journals from college. It's really kind of embarrassing reading the things that I wrote...but I'm so glad I kept a record of things. Otherwise I wouldn't remember anything; it's all become so vague. I mean sometimes it feels like certain things didn't happen: my semester in London, internship at MTV Japan, riding the bus to a club in Paris, summer job at a store in Shibuya, actually most of college, is all a blur....I was so insecure and unsure of myself and it's weird to meet that me again in the pages of these journals. I wasted so much time worried about the wrong things. I look back and I can't help but think of that quote, "youth is wasted on the young"....

But I'm inspired to keep a journal again, a private one for my personal thoughts and to record my daily life.

1 comment:

Vera said...

I think keeping a journal is wonderful. I'm having such a struggle turning it into a habit, though. I completely get your sentiment, I'm this way too with many of my experiences. When I look back on things it sometimes feels as if it happened to someone else, they told me about it and I'm retelling their story..