Tuesday, June 9, 2009

argh.

Feeling so preoccupied: work majorly sucked for me today. Retail can be so brutal. :-( I need to distract myself and squash this anxiety. Well, I was planning to blog about money saving tips so I guess I'll make a little list of things that I've been doing to save some pennies. These tips are kind of ghetto...and a little bit depressing but maybe you'll get a laugh and I'll be able to go to sleep after I write it.

1. coin car wash-I tried one of those self-wash car wash places for the first time a couple weeks ago and I highly recommend it. It's really fun. It feels like a contest because you only have four minutes to spray, soap, brush and spray your car. (Take extra coins b/c the first time around you won't be able to clean the car in one go). I think the next time I go I'll be able to do it within the four minutes. (And I just dry the car by driving it home). :-)

2. concentrate orange juice.

3. trim your own hair.

4. pack lunch.

5. plan meals so you don't go out as much.

6. eat less.

7. cleaning out my closet and selling stuff when I want to buy something. It makes me feel better(less guilty).

8. order plain beverages: cheaper and less calories=win/win
ie. black coffee vs. vanilla latte

I thought I had a lot more....but that's all I got for now.

Still feeling kind of irritable though...I would go read my book but the one I'm currently reading is about everyone in the world turning blind and is really heavy and depressing....

It's so paltry, one bad day. I need to buck up. Have you heard about Euna Lee and Laura Ling, two American journalists, who were just sentenced to twelve years in prison by the North Korean government for allegedly trespassing. This is really horrible I really hope that our government will be able to free these two young women.

Ahhh, everybody, let's try our best to be grateful for each day no matter what....it's all about perspective....big picture, esther, big picture.....let it go, let it go....okay, I think I'm okay now.

I actually feel better...writing is carthartic...even if its a sorry little list...hahaha
good night.

No comments: