
I have a very poor spatial understanding of Japan. It's kind of sad considering I've lived there for more than a third of my life. To be clear I know streets, stations, corners, cafes and shops, like Nakameguro is two stops from Shibuya and Yokohama is at the end of the Toyoko line-kind of knowledge, but I have no idea of the city in terms of north, south, east, west...I get the micro but I'm bad with the macro. I never had any real reason to consult maps of the city. I guess those geography classes in elementary school are necessary. I just took trains to where I wanted to go and that was that. I didn't look any further. Is that weird?
1 comment:
nope!
i was the exact same way about LA until everyone started making fun of me.
practical for days. no more, no less.
Post a Comment