Sunday, November 18, 2007

sunday best.


shirt:PLAY COMME des GARCONS
jeans: Lowry's Farm

One in four people in Japan own a Louis Vuitton bag. The PLAY line by COMME des GARCONS has a similar ubiquity. It seems like one in two people in Tokyo have something from this line. I have seen whole families, mom, dad and baby, wearing shirts crested with these all-seeing heart patches. A whole family all in COMME des GARCONS shirts! I kicked and resisted and fought all the while that I lived in Tokyo against this heart patch(it was just too obvious). But when it came time to move back to L.A. I gave in and ran and bought myself this shirt. At first I was sheepish about my purchase but now I'm so glad I bought it. When I wear it in L.A. it reminds me of another life in Tokyo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh! j'adore comme des garcons!

Unknown said...

the PLAY line is so much more affordable. i absolutely loveeeee it. i have a cardigan myself. kekeke.