Saturday, December 22, 2007

rinko, rinko, little star, how i wonder what you are.




Rinko Kikuchi, the Japanese actress of Babel fame, is starring in the new Chanel Cruise collection advertisements. I was stunned when I first saw her in a kimono with her platinum slicked back pompadour while promoting Babel and I thought she looked adorable bopping around all the various red carpets in her Chanel outfits. Unfortunately, these ads squeeze all the personality out of her and her hair looks stiff and helmet-like. :( It's really too bad considering how wonderful it could have been but then again the cruise collection ads are always kind of bland. I feel like they are mixing up casual with dull....It's okay, I guess, it's just her hair and the clothes...sigh, I don't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was totally wondering who she was the other day. My friend said "she's that one girl from that one movie"