Monday, December 3, 2007

Sunday best, oh yes.



dress: H&M
boots: Aldo

I wore this sweater dress yesterday(Sunday) and today. While yesterday I wore it carefully for a couple hours today I swashbuckled around town running errands and what not and guess what: I stretched it, specifically the bottom part, the most important part. It's not supposed to be an unflattering A-line dress; it's supposed to be tight at the bottom to form a tulip shape. I am bummed, especially my bum.

But I did some research and apparently this sort of damage is not irreparable. I found many different suggestions about how to reshape a stretched sweater but this article from ehow.com was the easiest to follow. I haven't tried it yet but with directions this easy I have no excuse not to. Here's hoping for the best and a rainy day project for me in sunny California.

Things You'll Need

Towels
Steps

1 Step One
Fill the sink with warm water. Soak the sweater in the water for 10 to 15 minutes.

2 Step Two
Take the sweater out of the water and roll it in a towel to remove as much moisture as possible.

3 Step Three
Spread the sweater on a towel placed on a flat surface, scrunching the sweater into the size and shape you want.

4 Step Four
Return to the sweater every several hours, rescrunching it as necessary, until the sweater is dry.

5 Step Five
If the above steps haven't fixed the problem, you can try tumbling the sweater in the dryer on low heat, checking it every few minutes to see if it's the right size. If you're not careful, however, you can end up ruining the sweater, and at best drying it will likely weaken the fibers.
(http://www.ehow.com/how_113414_fix-sweater-has.html)

No comments: