Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Stripey Best!



t-shirt dress: handmade by Junmarie

This is the first time I wore this top as a dress. I guess California does that to you. Suddenly every t-shirt looks like a dress. Previously in Japan I tucked it into shorts or skirts but I have to say the extra fabric was kind of cumbersome...this feels much better although I have to be very, very careful about how I move my arms.

But back to the shirt/dress it's actually made of two t-shirts: black and white. Junmarie, who by the way is an amazing illustrator and designer, took two t-shirts and sewed them together. She dyed and stained the white part yellow and pale pink and silkscreened her snail characters all over and as a final touch sewed on a sequin button eye.

You can see more of her designs on her online shop(click "fancy shop").
I don't think she ships overseas though. :(

2 comments: