Friday, November 7, 2008

new people meeting time.

Last Sunday I met up with Elisa, an editor at Bon Appetit. Did you know that they have higher subscription rates than Vogue? Who knew? Anyways, it's always lovely talking to super smart girls like Elisa. We met at Lamill coffee and although the drinks and dessert were good our service was really, really bad. I just read a NYTimes article about how wait staff can be biased towards women customers because we tend to eat less and talk more. So we tie up the tables and leave smaller tips. Yes, I understand this might be annoying if the place was busy but it was not THAT busy when we were there. But I'm gonna let it go and give the waiter the benefit of the doubt, maybe he didn't get the part he auditioned for and was feeling peeved. Who knows?

Later on I went to Little Tokyo to meet Lisa Soltis, a really cool friend of a friend, fellow illustrator. She introduced me to Yogurtland and I think Pinkberry for me will never be the same. Yogurtland is the democratized version of Pinkberry: self-service, multi-flavor, really cheap frozen yogurt spot. I tried N.Y. cheesecake, pumpkin and blueberry frozen yogurt with tons of fruit toppings: strawberry, mango, pineapple and kiwi in a gigantic cup(the only size they have) and it was like $3.25!!! It would've been a million bucks anywhere else....but in defense of Pinkberry, the ambiance of Yogurtland is kind of like a cafeteria. Pinkberry still has it's place but it needs to watch it's back. (the pumpkin and cheesecake were sooooo good!!!!)

Here's what I wore that day:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yogurtland yogurt isn't as good as pinkberry yogurt though!

Diane/ Cooking with Jamie Oliver, one recipe, one weeknight at a time. said...

You are really cute, Esther!! dress me up any day.

xoa said...

OMG, yogurtland looks delicious. And it exceeds the amt of active cultures needed to be considered yogurt?? Extra healthy?
I had pinkberry in NY, it was ok... but i thought it tasted super chemically.